Set in over 300 acres of tree-lined parkland, boasting two 18-hole golf courses, one of the largest Members' Clubs in the country, and fortunate to have a beautiful Victorian-era but contemporary clubhouse, John O'Gaunt Golf Club is a unique club where the very best traditions of the game of golf sit comfortably with a progressive, modern-thinking outlook.
We have hosted the English Golf Union ‘Seniors Championship’ on two occasions and we were delighted to be the final qualifying venue for the Ricoh Women's British Open in 2016; looking forward, we are proud to have been awarded the honour of hosting the English Boys' County Finals in 2023 -
a great way to help celebrate the Club's 75th anniversary!
If you require further information on joining or visiting one of the finest golf clubs in the region, contact our welcoming and friendly team and we will be only too pleased to assist with your enquiry:
01767 260360 or
To be a wonderful place to play golf year-round on well-maintained courses, to relax and socialise in the magnificent setting, leaving members and visitors alike wanting to return for more.
- Provide a welcoming and inclusive environment, for members, their families and visitors.
- Maintain our courses in excellent condition and provide a rewarding, enjoyable and a challenging test for golfers of all levels.
- Provide a warm and welcoming clubhouse and setting to socialise.
- Continue to strive to provide excellent value for money membership.
- Communicate openly with our members on all Club-related matters and initiatives.
- Ensure our staff will be trained and committed to delivering high quality levels of service.
- Invest wisely to achieve long-term sustainability and to deliver the aspirations detailed in our Strategic Plan.
Provide a safe and inclusive environment in which all feel welcome and respected.
- Encourage friendship and camaraderie amongst members and promote family values and participation.
- Promote good sportsmanship and keen competition with integrity and honesty.
- Observe golfing etiquette, courtesy and good manners towards fellow members, visitors and staff.
- Be respectful to our beautiful golf courses and sympathetic to the ecology in our natural environment.
- Demonstrate proactive charitable fund raising.
- Take pride in our Club, it’s history and traditions.